Baked Oats Banana Bread
(by Mario Fabbri, TV Host, Trying Vegan with Mario)
This baked oats banana bread is an indulgent dessert that’s healthy enough to eat as a breakfast. The first thing you need to do is make the banana flour in your dehydrator. To make banana flour, use green, unripe bananas. The green ones have more starch and less sugar. Dehydrate them until they are crispy. I prefer to use the temperature 117 °F / 47 °C for about 24 hours. Then grind them into a powder and this powder is your banana flour.
Time & Temperature: Dehydrate at 117 °F / 47 °C for 24 hours.
Equipment: SAHARA Folding Dehydrator.
- 2 unripe green bananas
- Remove banana peel. If it is stiff, use a knife to start peeling away the peel.
- Slice into thin circles. The thinner they are, the faster they dehydrate.
- Dehydrate on 117 °F / 47 °C for 24 hours, or until crispy.
- Break into smaller pieces and freeze for 10 minutes. (This helps prevent the sucrose in bananas from gumming up your grinder or food processor when warmed by the blades).
- Grind with a powerful food processor or a coffee bean grinder.
Baked Oats Banana Bread:
Time & Temperature: Bake at 400 °F / 205 °C for 18-22 minutes.
- 1 banana
- 3/4 C non-dairy milk
- 1/2 C banana flour (above)
- 1/2 C oats
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a baking tray and bake at 400 °F / 205 °C for 18-22 minutes.