(by Mario Fabbri, TV Host, Trying Vegan with Mario)
Kale chips are a healthy alternative to potato chips that you just won't be able to stop snacking on! This recipe uses seeds, nuts, and nutritional yeast to give the chips a savory depth while fresh herbs and lemon juice add a light zing. These chips are easy to make and an excellent way to use some of the bounteous kale that is available during the summer months.
Time & Temperature: Dehydrate at 135 °F / 57 °C for 5-8 hours.
Equipment: SAHARA Folding Dehydrator.
- ¼ C Cashews
- 3 T Water
- 3 T Hemp Seeds
- ¼ C Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- One bunch of Parsley and Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Blend all ingredients except kale until smooth.
- Pour spice mixture over fresh, washed kale. Massage the mixture into the ridges of the kale to ensure it is spread evenly.
- Distribute the kale onto dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 135 °F / 57 °C for 5-8 hours or until crispy.